Windows 7 audio and firewire setting it up

joojoo1234

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
Okay. I have a firewire device. How do I set up audio for windows 7 so my browser and my sequencer applications all run through my speakers. It is in truth driving me crazy. Should I just run ac97 or whatever? I get sound through my sequencer and then I screw with it and then it disappears. I am at a lost.

joojoo1234

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
I have a focusrite saffire. It has an external mixer software popup. It shows up as multiple channels. I think I am confused by how audio is setup on windows 7 - the whole mixer of it and how you can choose your device and my device shows up multiple times for the channel pairs and the digital. I get why... but why do I get audio through my music programs but not through my browser on youtube and other things.... I fix it and then it seems to correct itself and I lose it again. That ac97 I think is some kind of direct bypass and when I do that it will work and then quit as well. I am consistently getting audio from my music sequencer software but not from playing dvd and browsing the web.