Locomotion: the RCT engine sold for the third time under a..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 25, 2004 4:20:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

After the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 sellout, I knew Locomotion was
simply going to be the Transport Tycoon concept wrapped in the RCT
interface. Chris Sawyer has become the master of taking one piece of
code and selling it multiple times with different names.

What could be simpler? Take Roller Coaster Tycoon, flatten the tracks
down into 2 dimensions, change the graphics for the vehicles and
Voila! A "new" game with minimal expenditure of money and effort!
And why not milk that code for another payday? He got away with it
with RCT2.

From the first look preview on Gamespot:

"Locomotion is billed as the spiritual sequel to Transport Tycoon, and
it most definitely shows. If you've ever played Transport Tycoon,
you'll instantly recognize Locomotion, as Sawyer isn't straying far
from his original design.

"Sawyer also incorporates the user interface from RollerCoaster
Tycoon.... If you've ever built a coaster in RollerCoaster Tycoon,
then you can build roads and tracks in Locomotion.

"Though the gameplay has hardly changed over the past 10 years..."

And I say this as one that positively *loved* Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Fool us once, Chris, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 9:11:39 PM

jmatt@no-nonsense-mortgage.com (John) wrote in message news:<18df9af1.0407251120.666e1124@posting.google.com>...
> And I say this as one that positively *loved* Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
> Fool us once, Chris, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.

You got the quote wrong.
According to the most powerful man in the world, it's:
http://www.cosmicrealms.com/coolness/movies/bushfoolhr....
!