replaced klipsch 5.1 originals with log z-5500 dig

tarrack

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Well what can i say the logitech are crap. The sub isnt even usable drowns out the sound of the music if you even have it turned on somewhat. the only thing i can say good about them that they look nice .
Instead of 300 dollars they should of been about 150 or so. I will just have to save up and get a receiver and a decent set of speakers to go with it.

well forgot i have this hooked up to a x-fi extreammusic..

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Yup.

I have a set of Klipsch 5.1 ultras, and they are a great sounding set of speakers.

On paper, the Z-5500s "look" better and have more features.

In the real world, the Klipsch's are a long way better.

tarrack

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
you know the vorlons where basicly the bad guys :)

Yes i wish they would of fixed the defect with the sub going out i would of purchased another pair of klipsch again the sound was amazing :(

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
The sub for the new Ultra's actually has been pretty much worked over, there is a new limiting servo in the amp/voice coil feedback loop that prevents over driving, it also dynamically adjusts amplifier voltage to compenate for voive coil impedence changes due to changing thermals as the coil heats up. - Effectively the driver is in the negative feedback loop of the amp - It's pretty much a blatent rip-off of the technology Yamaha uses in their YST series subs, but despite the questionable intelectual heritage of the curcuit, it works quite well.

I have had no durability issues of any kind, at least up till now.