computer getting hanged!

tester436

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
first of all i would like to say sorry if this is not the correct place to put my problem but i have searched for my problem everywhere i could without any fruit,now i have a older system at home which is generally used for office work or programming system specs are as follows:-

P4-1.6 G Hz w intel D845WN mobo,2x256MB SD RAM,geforece2 MX200,creative sound blaster 5.1 sound card,realtek LAN card,an internal pci modem,sony cd ROM,Sony DVD-writer

with windows xp sp2 and all the latest drivers and patches installed for every device.

now the problem is it just hangs some time giving a noise and even if i restart it many times i will succeed only one of 3 times now i thought this could be a problem of RAM so i got a new RAM module (before i had 256MB now making it 512MB by adding a module)but problem persists i also tested it with new RAM alone it still gives me problem,also it could not be a OS related problem coz i have installed windows thrice,also sometimes it gets hung just after graphics card bios info shown on screen during bootup ,which makes me doubt if it is a graphics card or what ? and i have assembled it after de-assembling it down to CPU and cleaning it througly after such assembling it works fine for few hours without giving any problems but suddenly it goes back to irresponsive mode,i have tried everything i know to find out the problem and i feel it could now either be motherboard or it could be graphics card now my question can a graphics card do such a thing or is it the problem with my motherboard,any help would be greatly appreciated or any suggestion to find out what the real problem could be greatly helpful to me,please help

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
infact, all of that is getting quite old, it is possible that you could ahve bad caps on your mobo, bad ram, bad processor, bad caps in your psu opr anything by now...

tester436

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
Sounds like it might be a corrupted bios? also that geforce is quite old now maybe its starting to die?

thanx for replying and suggestiong a solution
i will look at the corrupted BIOS thin and see if it changes anything but about Geforce my question still remains could this be problem with graphics card if that is so i will get a 4x graphics card to fix it

tester436

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
infact, all of that is getting quite old, it is possible that you could ahve bad caps on your mobo, bad ram, bad processor, bad caps in your psu opr anything by now...

thanx for replying as far as i think this could be the probable reason for what is happening but as i told u i just got a new RAM and new PSU so it narrow downs only to mobo may be bad caps or god knows what

TRENDING THREADS