Vista 64bit Booting up Problems

lrivera88

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 2.8 Ghz (Quad Core)
Nvidia GeForce GTX260
4GB Ram DDR2 @ 1066
500GB SATA II HDD @ 7200 RPM 32MB Cache

Hi, My PC has been reseting every few Hours. for the past 2-3days now and i got more Ram for my PC and since then i cannot get to my desktop without being in SAFE MODE, I don't know what else to do everytime I attempt to try without being in safe mode it gets to the Window Symbol just before getting to the Desktop and feezes for a few Seconds and then restarts...i think we figured it out its something to do with Windows and something is not booting up right...anyways i hoping someone can help me with this or point me in the right directection or something... oh and i cannot reformat unfortunally my DVDROM decided to die on during this im hoping to find a diff way, if not worst case scenerio, i Reformat when i get my new DVDRom and pray it works

-Thanks

Solution
You say you got more RAM for your PC, and now you're having these issues. So take the memory back out and see does that fix the problem. If so, then you either have faulty sticks, or the settings in the Bios are incorrect.
You say you got more RAM for your PC, and now you're having these issues. So take the memory back out and see does that fix the problem. If so, then you either have faulty sticks, or the settings in the Bios are incorrect.

Solution