adware help to remove adware startnow from winxp

i am using windows xp service pack and i got this adware start now.
now i upgraded to windows service pack 2 still the adware start now hence i
uninstall winxp service pack 2 so.................................
help me to remove this adware it's really urgent thanks in advance :)
3 answers Last reply
More about adware remove adware startnow winxp

    Harry wrote:
    > i am using windows xp service pack and i got this adware start now.
    > now i upgraded to windows service pack 2 still the adware start now hence i
    > uninstall winxp service pack 2 so.................................
    > help me to remove this adware it's really urgent thanks in advance :)

    A little more info please. Like what is the adware. What does it
    look like. Or are you talking about the logon screen.

    Adware can be removed by a number of programs. Two that I use
    are free. Make sure to update them before you run them.

    Adaware at:
    www.lavasoft.com look for the download section and freeware

    SpyBot Search and Destroy at:

    "gls858" wrote:

    > Harry wrote:
    > > i am using windows xp service pack and i got this adware start now.
    > > now i upgraded to windows service pack 2 still the adware start now hence i
    > > uninstall winxp service pack 2 so.................................
    > > help me to remove this adware it's really urgent thanks in advance :)
    > >
    > A little more info please. Like what is the adware. What does it
    > look like. Or are you talking about the logon screen.
    >
    > Adware can be removed by a number of programs. Two that I use
    > are free. Make sure to update them before you run them.
    >
    > Adaware at:
    > www.lavasoft.com look for the download section and freeware
    >
    > SpyBot Search and Destroy at:
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    > thanks gls858 but nothing worked in spy sweeper start now adware is showing but can't cleaning.
    i had tried both this the adware is start now what happen in this adware
    system get slow and right click option of mouse button comes in left and
    without clicking any of mouse button then to option is coming

    Harry wrote:

    > "gls858" wrote:
    >
    >> Harry wrote:
    >> > i am using windows xp service pack and i got this adware start now.
    >> > now i upgraded to windows service pack 2 still the adware start now
    >> > hence i uninstall winxp service pack 2
    >> > so................................. help me to remove this adware
    >> > it's really urgent thanks in advance :)
    >> >
    >> A little more info please. Like what is the adware. What does it
    >> look like. Or are you talking about the logon screen.
    >>
    >> Adware can be removed by a number of programs. Two that I use
    >> are free. Make sure to update them before you run them.
    >>
    >> Adaware at:
    >> www.lavasoft.com look for the download section and freeware
    >>
    >> SpyBot Search and Destroy at:
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >> thanks gls858 but nothing worked in spy sweeper start now adware is
    >> showing but can't cleaning.
    > i had tried both this the adware is start now what happen in this
    > adware system get slow and right click option of mouse button comes in
    > left and without clicking any of mouse button then to option is coming

    Go through the following malware removal steps systematically. It is
    crucial that you do everything in Safe Mode with updated tools.

    First delete all Temporary and Temporary Internet Files. For IE's
    Temporary Files, go to Control Panel>Internet Options>General tab.
    You'll see where you can delete cookies and files. For Firefox, clear
    its cache by going to Tools>Options>Privacy>Cache> Clear. For Windows
    Temporary files, Start>Run cleanmgr [enter]. Then follow these detailed
    malware removal steps, doing everything with updated tools in Safe
    Mode. You can find all the links to referenced programs and sites on
    my website here:

    1) Scan in Safe Mode with current version (not earlier than 2004)
    antivirus using updated definitions.

    Before you remove malware, get LSPFix or WinSockFix for XP - see links
    below.

    2) Remove spyware with Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware. These
    programs are free, so use them both since they complement each other.
    There is a new version of CWShredder from Intermute. I would not
    install the other Intermute programs, however. Alternately, there are
    CoolWebSearch malware removal steps at SilentRunners.

    Be sure to update these programs before running, and it is a good idea
    to do virus/spyware scans in Safe Mode. Make sure you are able to see
    all hidden files and extensions (View tab in Folder Options).

    If the malware remains even after you used Ad-aware and Spybot, you can
    scan with HijackThis. HijackThis is an excellent tool to discover and
    disable hijackers, but it requires expert skill. See the links on my
    website for a HijackThis tutorial and places where you can post your
    HJT log. Again, this is an expert tool and novices should get help
    with it.

    3) If you are running Windows ME or XP, you should disable/enable System
    Restore after the system is clean because malware will be in the
    Restore Points. With ME, you must disable System Restore completely.
    With XP, you can delete all but the most recent (presumably clean)
    System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup
    (Run>cleanmgr).

    4) Make sure you've visited Windows Update and applied all security
    patches. Do not install driver updates from Windows Update.

    5) Run a firewall.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers