OTA HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 2, 2005 10:50:40 AM

Can anyone tell me where on the spectrum OTA HDTV is being transmitted on?
Idle UHF channels? Part of the TV spectrum? Somewhere else on the spectrum?
Any reference would be appreciated.

More about : ota hdtv

March 2, 2005 11:58:47 AM

Idle/unused UHF spectrum for the most part. A few areas have digital on
VHF, but those are few and far between.
P.S. HDTV is only a small subset of digital broadcasting. All HD is
digital; all digital is NOT HD.
Go search on www.fcc.gov for more info.

"Jules Beaudoin" <cn8cg@ixpres.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me where on the spectrum OTA HDTV is being transmitted
> on? Idle UHF channels? Part of the TV spectrum? Somewhere else on the
> spectrum? Any reference would be appreciated.

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 10:03:14 AM

> Can anyone tell me where on the spectrum OTA HDTV is being transmitted
on?
> Idle UHF channels? Part of the TV spectrum? Somewhere else on the
spectrum?
> Any reference would be appreciated.

Regular channels. The allocations for freq for TV here in the US is not
changing. Well some of the upper UHF freq are being taken back. Used to be
2-82, now HD tv tuners only go to 69 and I hear that soon they will only go
to 50.

Go to site http://www.antennaweb.org for the channels in your area. IF you
want Freq http://etvcookbook.org/extra/frequency.html
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:10:13 AM

Thanks for the input/comments. It has helped me figure out what is
happening HDTV OTAwise
!