FatBurger

Illustrious
According to a story in the <A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/20960.html" target="_new">Register</A>, mWave was recently hacked, with credit card numbers stolen. Just thought I'd let you all know, since several people have bought something there recently. You'll want to keep an eye on your statement, make sure you didn't have some huge item appear on it.

Unless you actually bought those Itaniums for the Beowulf cluster in your basement :)

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

G

Oh man, you must rent from my dad! He has these tennants that seem to use soooooooooo, much electricity. I guess I better check the basements of all the apartments for the P133s. :)

Aklein

It's July. O the Joy of Summer!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make that 104, I just added another. My main obsticle is not storing them, I put them all in dektop cases and stack them 8 high. The main problem instead is WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THOSE KEYBOARDS! What a mess!
I bought a buch of metal shelving from a store that went out of business.
A programer friend has them all hooked up, he promised he'll explain the software to me someday, all I know is that once the T1 connection is hooked up, I'm taking over the IRS!

Video killed my Radio Card!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Some kind of Linux. I provide the hardware, a friend is configuring it for me. I get the computers for almost free. I take the more expensive parts out (larger hard drives, memory chips 8MB or larger, etc.) and put in smaller free parts (4-4MB simms, 4 540MB hard drives, etc.). Then I use the more expensive parts in my refurbs. So the 133's are completely free. I had about 40 of them I was trying to sell as cheapo linux file servers, but no buyers, so I got this idea. Put together a supercluster, wire it into the IRS through Michnet, and transfer one server to my supecluster. I'm currently negotiating with several other students to provide the technical details, we're thinking of 5 digit tax returns. We'd go 6 digits, but we don't want to get noticed.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, it's all controlled by an old Sun workstation from the late 90's. Running Solaris. I don't know much about the workstation, only that at the last auction this guy said "we need it", so I bought it. That dang thing cost me $65, it better be worth it!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Crash, if anybody comes knocking at my email, I'll tell them I've never heard of you :)

FatBurger

Illustrious
I noticed he moved it here from the CPU section...

That was weird, I posted my above reply in the CPU section, then by the time I got down to the computer shops section, it was here :)