X-FI Extreme Gamer conflicting with Video Card

Tunes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Help

Just bought X-FI Extreme Gamer to replace my old Audigy 2 ZS. I removed the previous drivers and installed the X-FI. On boot up my graphics dropped to 4bit!!!! and 800 x 600. Even after I loaded the most up to date drivers for the X-FI the resolution continues to stay low. Previously they were 1280 x1024. I have tried 3 separate PCI slots but problem continues.
When I completely remove the card, everything goes OK. Put it back in, same problem!

have looked at the device manager and get the following message which seems to show that the X-FI sound card and the graphics card are conflicting. Any ideas how to fix this as microsofts resolution is no good as they only recommend disabling the device? (see below)

Any ideas?

My Computer spec is as follows:
XP latest service pack and patches.
Pentium 4 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.3ghz (Northwood)
ABIT IC7 Motherboard
2gig Corsair Ram
AGP Nividia 6800GT 94.24 driver

See MICROSOFTs message below:
Code 12
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Recommended resolution

Two devices have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device (for example, if a universal serial bus (USB) controller is not an interrupt from the BIOS because of a corrupted Multiprocessor System (MPS) table).

You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

Tunes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I ended up solving this myself but will post how I did it in case someone else has similar problem. I went into my BIOS and increased my AGP Aperture Size (also known as Graphics Aperture Size) from 128MB to 256MB, which solved the problem. I found solution on creative website
http://193.95.171.84/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WE....creative.com/

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Sorry to say bad about your new purchase, but the X-Fi is really really really shit.

Almost all the features that Creative claims have been implemented in the driver as software emulation.

Your audigy2 ZS is a far superior sound card.

I bought one and returned it the next day. And if you had an audiophile ear like mine you would have probably done the same.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Sorry to say bad about your new purchase, but the X-Fi is really really really ****.

Almost all the features that Creative claims have been implemented in the driver as software emulation.

Your audigy2 ZS is a far superior sound card.

I bought one and returned it the next day. And if you had an audiophile ear like mine you would have probably done the same.

B***shit