deb1340

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
On my husband's computer windows xp SP2 I wanted to update Java to 6 version 17 so I tried to remove 6 version 15 but it wouldn't do anything. No error just wouldn't remove. So I removed it with windows installer cleanup utility. Then I downloaded the new version and it's not in add and remove programs. So I was going to remove it and re install it and I can't find it in the windows cleanup or in cc cleaner to remove it. I clicked on the coffee cup in the control panel and it says he has the newest version. So when a new version comes along how am I going to remove this one? Please advise
Thank you...Debbie

TegGhola

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
I was under the impression that the latest versions of Java download and apply the latest updates automatically (in Windows, at least). You should be able to right-click the coffee cup and see a "check for updates" type option if that's the case.

However, I'm not sure why you were seeing strangeness when trying to remove the software. If you use Control Panel: "Add or Remove Programs" you should be able to remove whatever you like from the list.