Directions for dummies

len_33

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
As an old man that is used to visual directions and not understanding your protocol for the use of your Forum/website.
Please advise proper methods, some of us don't understand acronyms or software protocol.
Len

len_33

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

It was extreme luck that I was able to find this posting, and my quest is to acquire the proper avenue to proceed, regarding protocol, as I have no intent to offend and if it occurs I appologize in advance for the lack of information I've received and misunderstood. It would be nice if there were a site to explain the procedure and applicable procedures in accessing the proper channel for any responses to questions forwarded.
Thank you in advance
Len_33

len_33

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32189-12-welcome-hardware-forums-read-first
Please excuse my ignorance, I've read through read-first and fail to get the point you're trying to make, as I saw nothing that advised me the next step to follow and has left me in a quandry , I'm not good with ackronyms and computer language. My attempt to remain open minded regarding this particular venue regarding computers is apparently less than what is required and if so please advise the proper place for me to acquire a working knowledge.
I spent the better part of my life working with physical (Visual), seeing is believing, and truly would appreciate visual references if at all possible.
Thanks in advance if any request is followed up on.
Len

len_33

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

I'm not at all sure on the procedures of using this forum, nor am I able to find the proper place to post legitimate questions. It appears to be hit and miss, Without the threads that accompany the response it's difficult to know where I need to go next, as I explained earlier "computers" are a new avenue for me and comprehending the language is difficult when others assume you understand the ackronyms and computer language. The very reason requesting "Directions for Dummies". This in no way implies stupidity, just lack of comprehensive directions for those of us that have little or no prior computer usage or knowledge. I in no way intend to offend.
Len

G

Just select the correct forum/section for your question and post it. If it's in the wrong place a moderator will move it. You're making it more difficult than it is.