chris1784

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
I'm building my first rig and so far I have almost everything except my memory. Currently I have an E6320, 1.86GHz 4M shared L2 Cache, with this heatsink Thermaltake CL-p0378 Silent Cooler. I'm planning on buying two gigs of RAM, on a 965P-DS3 (REV 3.3) MoBo. Here is the list of RAM that I can buy LINK thats compatible, I don't know much about OCing but I plan to read about it in the future. For now i need your help to decide.

I heard this CPU runs stable around 3-3.2Ghz, but im not too sure if that too much for the CPU, i'm looking for something that wont decrease the life of the CPU. THANKS IN ADVANCE

ps. in the next posts can someone explain how it works, doesn't have to be in detail, but the main idea..

EricLegge

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Hardcore DDR2 RAM by Corsair, G.Skill, OCZ and Patriot -

"DDR3 will reach higher clock speeds than DDR2, but it doesn't yet outperform high-end DDR2 modules. We look at some of the best high-grade DDR2 RAM available... From our experiences, we can clearly say that spending extra money on a faster processor will usually give you a better performance increase than devoting it to high-end memory... Each memory technology has a sweet spot, which is defined by the available memory densities. In case of DDR memory it was a total dual channel capacity of 2x 512 MB. DDR2 has its ideal capacity at 2x 1 GB, and DDR3 DIMMs will quickly move to 2x 2 GB next year..."

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2007/06/15/hardcore_ddr2_ram_by_corsair_uk/

chris1784

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
thanks a lot, Eric, needed this info, since I'm planning on buying the ram today. Can anyone else give me some suggestions?