Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I need some help I am trying to uninstall Opera Browser. I deleted it out of
the Add/Remove and out of everywhere I can see, but when I try to open
programs it says it cannot initialize Opera. It will not use Internet
Explorer.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Bruce

"Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote:

>I need some help I am trying to uninstall Opera Browser. I deleted it out of
>the Add/Remove and out of everywhere I can see, but when I try to open
>programs it says it cannot initialize Opera. It will not use Internet
>Explorer.

Scan your Registry with the jv16 Power Tools
(http://www.macecraft.com/) or with Easy Cleaner
(http://www.toniarts.com) and remove all references to Opera.
In the Control Panel > Add and remove Programs > Set Program Access
and Defaults turn off Opera and turn on the IE.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Also...

Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | Click OK | Programs tab |
Reset Web Settings button | Click Apply | Click OK

[[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
browser has changed the default settings.]]

You may also want to check:
? Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser

[[Specifies whether you want Internet Explorer to remain your default
Internet browser, even if you install additional Internet browsing software.
When this check box is selected, each time Internet Explorer starts it
checks to make sure it is still registered as the default Internet browser.
If another program is registered as the default browser, Internet Explorer
asks whether you want to restore Internet Explorer as your default
browser.]]

Also see...
Setting Internet Explorer as the default browser - Windows 9x/2000/XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#defbrowser

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23s2CYsaeFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> hunted and pecked:
> "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I need some help I am trying to uninstall Opera Browser. I deleted it
>> out of the Add/Remove and out of everywhere I can see, but when I try to
>> open programs it says it cannot initialize Opera. It will not use
>> Internet Explorer.
>
> Scan your Registry with the jv16 Power Tools
> (http://www.macecraft.com/) or with Easy Cleaner
> (http://www.toniarts.com) and remove all references to Opera.
> In the Control Panel > Add and remove Programs > Set Program Access
> and Defaults turn off Opera and turn on the IE.
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks gents that is all it took was resetting IE still need to clean
registry. Is there any good free sites?Thanks again you guys are great
Bruce
> Also...
>
> Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | Click OK | Programs tab |
> Reset Web Settings button | Click Apply | Click OK
>
> [[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
> and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default
> browser.
> Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
> browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
> browser has changed the default settings.]]
>
> You may also want to check:
> ? Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser
>
> [[Specifies whether you want Internet Explorer to remain your default
> Internet browser, even if you install additional Internet browsing
> software.
> When this check box is selected, each time Internet Explorer starts it
> checks to make sure it is still registered as the default Internet
> browser.
> If another program is registered as the default browser, Internet Explorer
> asks whether you want to restore Internet Explorer as your default
> browser.]]
>
> Also see...
> Setting Internet Explorer as the default browser - Windows 9x/2000/XP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#defbrowser
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23s2CYsaeFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> hunted and pecked:
>> "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I need some help I am trying to uninstall Opera Browser. I deleted it
>>> out of the Add/Remove and out of everywhere I can see, but when I try to
>>> open programs it says it cannot initialize Opera. It will not use
>>> Internet Explorer.
>>
>> Scan your Registry with the jv16 Power Tools
>> (http://www.macecraft.com/) or with Easy Cleaner
>> (http://www.toniarts.com) and remove all references to Opera.
>> In the Control Panel > Add and remove Programs > Set Program Access
>> and Defaults turn off Opera and turn on the IE.
>>
>> --
>> (tm)
>> ICQ: 192649233

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Bruce,

If you're looking for EasyCleaner, here is the actuall link for Toni's
site...

Official ToniArts software pages
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

The one that (tm) posted is *not* Toni's.

[[Important notice
http://www.toniarts.com is no longer my web site, my web site now and in the
future will be this (http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts).
http://www.toniarts.com is just cheating people for money, I've asked them
to stop, repeatedly, with no luck. To get those auto-updates working on my
programs you need to change the update URL from the options. Instead of
http://www.toniarts.com/EasyCleaner.ini use
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/EasyCleaner.ini. ]]

From Toni Helenius...
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/index.htm