mahoganie

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
System restore will not run. When I attempt, it says "You must always restore the disk that contains your windows system files. Restoring other disks is optional."

I've also tried to run scandisk or chkdsk and nothing I've tried whether launching the command prompt or using the "run" command has worked to check the disk for errors.

I am running Windows Vista.

mahoganie

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

Thank you for the prompt response, however, I've already tried restoring the system in that manner but when it reaches the step after Figure 2 where I select which point I want to restore it to and click "Next", I get the error message.

Then a pop-up says "The disk OS (C: ) has errors. Windows has detected file system corruption on OS (C: ). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored."

When I check the disk for errors, it says that it cannot run while the disk is in use, but when I schedule it to run at the next start-up, it doesn't run. I've also tried to run chkdsk with the command prompt unsuccessfully.

I also tried to create a new restore point (which was successful) and restore it to that point, but the same problem occurs.