sound stopped working

Hi there,

Can anyone give me suggestions about what to try to make my sound work
again? I've adjusted the volume, and it's not on mute, but it's still not
working. Was working fine, then all of a sudden just stopped. Please let me
know if you can think of anything that might help. Thanks.

VeronicaC72 wrote:
> Can anyone give me suggestions about what to try to make my sound work
> again? I've adjusted the volume, and it's not on mute, but it's
> still not working. Was working fine, then all of a sudden just
> stopped. Please let me know if you can think of anything that might
> help. Thanks.

Please cross-post in the future. Multi-posting can be annoying.

Reinstall the hardware driver.
Check the speakers.. (try headphones.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:01:02 -0700, VeronicaC72 wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone give me suggestions about what to try to make my sound work
> again? I've adjusted the volume, and it's not on mute, but it's still not
> working. Was working fine, then all of a sudden just stopped. Please let me
> know if you can think of anything that might help. Thanks.

Was the cat behind the desk?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

A little pussy wandering around the house always gets you into
trouble......<g>

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:21:12 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> A little pussy wandering around the house always gets you into
> trouble......<g>

::shakes head, smiling::

But, but I spent hours troubleshooting "no sound" once, only to find out
the cat was at fault. Now I look behind the desk first thing.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User