Sign in with
Your question

VPN and print spooler error

Last response: in Windows XP
December 21, 2009 1:43:06 AM

i am using Windows XP sp2. Recently had a VPN installed on my computer so I could access files within a company. Now, however, my HP printer on wireless at home will not work. I get the "spooler error" due to VPN

Any clue on how to fix this? the other printers (connected directly with cable) work just fine.

Help,
Bill
December 21, 2009 10:02:06 PM

Sounds like all your network traffic is going through the VPN once you are connected, so it is not able to come back and send your print jobs to the printer.

Are you using the built in Windows VPN client? If so, try unchecking the gateway option in your tcp/ip settings.

Taken from MS KB Article:

To disable the Use Default Gateway on Remote Network setting in the VPN dial-up connection item on the client computer:
Double-click My Computer, and then click the Network and Dial-up Connections link.
Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, and then click Properties.
Click the Networking tab, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the Components checked are used by this connection list, and then click Properties.
Click Advanced, and then click to clear the Use default gateway on remote network check box.
Click OK, click OK, and then click OK.
m
l
!