I'm at a loss. The problem that I'm having cannot be replicated on another system, other than the one in question, so I know there has to be a fix. When I go to "go.worldspan.com" in IE8 the page never loads and I have an "Initialize" in the top bar. If I view the page source I can see that there is some information there, so there must be a problem in something. I have tried it on numerous computers and only have the problem on this one.
I have re-installed IE8 & Java to no avail. Also tried disabling all add-ons with no luck. The same thing happens if I try to run the site in FF, so I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere in something that IE normally uses that FF does not. If you want to see the "error" you just need to view the page in FF and it should show what I'm seeing.
No, it is a XP x32bit. I ended up doing an XP repair install and reinstalling IE8 (again) and that seemed to fix it. Thanks for the reply! I would still be interested in knowing a possible solution if it doesn't take too much time.