Solved: Win 7 64-bit FRENCH + Enhanced controller detection

Hello,

My main issue is that Windows 7 French Pro 64 bits is not detecting an Enhanced Controller on a Dell Optiplex 330 (service tag # 6HR9BG1) inside device manager. It is true the Dell website has only XP and Vista drivers available for this chipset yet, an Enhanced controller is populated on the same hardware in the English version of the same OS.

I have searched without much luck in the MS Knowledge base for anything regarding this and it always leads to a particular USB device not working rather than.... an Enhanced Controller not being detected by the OS.

Has anyone seen anything like this in their tinkering? Is there an easy answer I am missing? Is more information needed from me?

The problem does not seem to be only with this Dell model number either. It has been reproduced on a Dell Dimension E520 also.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I have not tried the Vista driver with either the English or French versions. I will give it a shot. The problem with trying to update from Device Manager is there is not even a detection of the Enhanced USB controller without a driver so there is nothing to update. Only the standard root hub and USB devices are detected/populated.

I will report back my Vista driver status ASAP.

Thanks!

Ok well, loading the Vista 64 bit chipset driver forced the French version OS to see the Enhanced Controller and now I feel a little silly for just not trying it in the first place.

The Enhanced USB controller now appears in Device manager in an English friendly name vs. the rest of Device Manager being in French. Nothing to complain about but, not so elegant either.

Thanks for the advice Area51. Any suggestions on getting unsigned 64 bit drivers installed into Win7 64 bits? heh =)

Larryslab

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

google this> "how to install unsigned drivers in windows 7" you'll get a lot of help