Sign in with
Your question

Help: Keyboard doesn't work but mouse does

Last response: in Windows XP
December 22, 2009 6:58:43 PM

I was playing COD MW2 and then the screen went black, heard an error noise, and I restarted the computer. When it booted up, I realized that the mouse works but the keyboard does not. I'm using a desktop by the way and the keyboard is a wireless Logitech.

The wireless receiver says that both the keyboard and mouse are plugged in and I checked the USB port. I tried 2 different wired keyboards to see if my computer responds but they don't work. I can't log into my normal account because I need to be able to type in my password. I tried using my guest account and went to keyboard properties and it said the keyboard is working properly. I can't reinstall the drivers because thats only an option for my admin account.

btw, I've restarted the computer mutiple times and tried using different USB ports

Help will be much appreciated, thanks

More about : keyboard work mouse

December 23, 2009 9:55:06 AM

You can hit Window+U at the Welcome Screen, this will turn on the on-screen keyboard. Reinstalling the drivers should fix the problem

Also to enter save mode, when the system powers up hold down F8 Key. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press Enter key.

m
l
December 23, 2009 5:19:25 PM

The problem was resolved, using my other computer I was able to get help from a friend and for the wired keyboard was able to work in BIOS when I pressed delete and from there on, I fixed the problem, thanks though.
m
l
Related resources
March 13, 2012 12:34:07 PM

ibnsina said:
You can hit Window+U at the Welcome Screen, this will turn on the on-screen keyboard. Reinstalling the drivers should fix the problem

Also to enter save mode, when the system powers up hold down F8 Key. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press Enter key.

Brilliant answer???? How on earth can you hit Winow+U, at the Welcome Screen, IF THE KEYBOARD HAS CEASED TO FUNCTION?????!!!!!!
m
l
March 15, 2012 11:03:59 PM

delete the keyboard, then reboot.
m
l
!