Where can I find 4 device drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,
I need to find 4 device drivers for a dell XPS 410 computer running windows XP Pro ver. 2002 with Service Pack 2. I need an ethernet controller, PCI device, SM Bus Controller and Video Controller (VGA Compatible). The message is they are not installed and they all have (code 28).

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Thanks Nikorr will try it when I get home today. God bless and thanks for answering.

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Sorry Nikorr. I did download them. I put them on a jump drive and put them into the computer. It kept saying new hardware found but when I tried to install, it kept telling me to go online. I can't get online. I am believing it is my Network Card. I noticed when I put my ethernet cable into the computer and my computer is off, the light in the back where the cable is plugged is green but when I turn the computer on the light is turns amber color. It is built in on the motherboard but it has slots to expand. Your help will greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Also another question, trying to setup a wireless network. The main computer is working and is online and I can the SSID from where I am. It says wireless netowrk connection is now connected and it gives me the name but it says signal strenth: No Signal. How can I make the signal stronger. I also have a Linksys Wireless G Access Point with SES. I am not sure if it is working because all 3 lights are suppose to be on. The power and yellow light comes on when I plug it in but then the yellow light goes out and the green light comes on and the yellow light don't come on anymore. Someone say it might need configured. If you can help me with that problem, I would appreciate it. Thanks again for answering. I am not familiar with getting around this forum yet so bear with me. God bless

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Can I put it on a jump drive because I can't get online with the computer I am trying to fix.

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Ok I will try it tomorrow and let you know what happens. God bless you and I thank you for helping me. Don't forget about the problem I told you about today trying to connect wireless. It says connected but no signal. I comes in and goes out sometimes it says no wireless in range, then it says connected. If you can help me on that tomorrow, I would appreciate it. God give Nikorr a special blessing for helping your servant. Amen and have a great rest of the night.

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Nikorr,
I'm Back

I have so many irons in the fire. Woman of Many Hats and mastering none. I downloaded the SP3 but I haven't tried it yet because I have been busy all weekend. God has given me so many gifts and I try to help people. But I really need to get this wireless network working real soon. It is in another building about 30-40 feet. I can see the name on my screen and it says connected but no signal. I know just a little about networking but not much. I had an access point hooked up and it says connected but I can't get online. Even without the access point, I can see the wireless network. If you can help me with this one that will be great and when I get home I can test the SP3 on a friends computer. I shouldn't be busy today after work. Thanks Nikorr. God bless. Sorry for taking so long to get back

Hi GollyG,

So did u get that work?

GollyG

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hi Nikkor
I am not sure where to post that the computer is ok. I had to get a NIC card but it is ok.

Problem 1.
But now for some reason the computer won't shut off. You have to unplug it or hold the button for a long time. Do you have a suggestion?

Problem 2.
Also, I had told you before the lightning hit the computer at work. They are up and going now. We have a server for the internet. I can access the homepage and go to the tabs and see what I typed in but when I try to access the media server tab with the videos and audio files, the newsletters, and events, it gives me the "access error: site or page not found. Cannot open URL. I have the server here and the audio and video is stored on microsoft office live online.

Thanks for helping me and hope you can help me again. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.