Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 vs. Microsoft Security Essentials

Last response: in Applications
October 11, 2011 12:37:38 AM

Been using KIS for three years now. Almost never have a virus detected (I stick to mostly known websites/software, etc). Wondering if I should not renew my license and go with the freebie MS Security Essentials. Heard good things about the MS product. I usually buy the 3-pc KIS product for about $28. I know it isn't much money, but the more I can eliminate misc expenses, the better. Suggestions?

Best solution

a b 8 Security
October 11, 2011 1:01:27 AM

ted-celle said:
Been using KIS for three years now. Almost never have a virus detected (I stick to mostly known websites/software, etc). Wondering if I should not renew my license and go with the freebie MS Security Essentials. Heard good things about the MS product. I usually buy the 3-pc KIS product for about $28. I know it isn't much money, but the more I can eliminate misc expenses, the better. Suggestions?

Stick with the KIS, it is one of the few makers that is consistent with top notch results and is light on the system.

BTW, u have a great deal too.

MS Security Essentials is a basic step towards security, but is no match for KIS.
October 11, 2011 10:39:44 AM

Kapersky is 10 times better than MSE, and the price you pay is pretty low and thus you shouldn't switch between the two.
Score
Related resources
a b 8 Security
October 11, 2011 10:15:12 PM

KIS is miles above and beyond MSE!
Score
October 11, 2011 11:40:33 PM

Agreed.
Try to get the 3 year license, really cheap considering it's also for 3 pc's!
Score
a b 8 Security
October 12, 2011 9:38:00 AM

ted-celle said:

Don't miss this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/antivirus-performan...
Score
December 27, 2011 10:59:30 PM

Best answer selected by ted-celle.
Score
a b 8 Security
December 28, 2011 12:56:33 AM

Thanks for the vote ted-celle : )
Score
a b 8 Security
December 28, 2011 12:56:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score