Closed Solved

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 vs. Microsoft Security Essentials

Been using KIS for three years now. Almost never have a virus detected (I stick to mostly known websites/software, etc). Wondering if I should not renew my license and go with the freebie MS Security Essentials. Heard good things about the MS product. I usually buy the 3-pc KIS product for about $28. I know it isn't much money, but the more I can eliminate misc expenses, the better. Suggestions?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about kaspersky internet security 2012 microsoft security essentials
  1. Best answer
    Anonymous said:
    Been using KIS for three years now. Almost never have a virus detected (I stick to mostly known websites/software, etc). Wondering if I should not renew my license and go with the freebie MS Security Essentials. Heard good things about the MS product. I usually buy the 3-pc KIS product for about $28. I know it isn't much money, but the more I can eliminate misc expenses, the better. Suggestions?

Stick with the KIS, it is one of the few makers that is consistent with top notch results and is light on the system.

BTW, u have a great deal too.

MS Security Essentials is a basic step towards security, but is no match for KIS.
  2. Kapersky is 10 times better than MSE, and the price you pay is pretty low and thus you shouldn't switch between the two.
  3. KIS is miles above and beyond MSE!
  4. Agreed.
    Try to get the 3 year license, really cheap considering it's also for 3 pc's!
  5. Anonymous said:

Don't miss this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/antivirus-performance-benchmark,3045.html
  6. Best answer selected by ted-celle.
  7. Thanks for the vote ted-celle : )
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Security Essentials Internet Security Microsoft Kaspersky Apps