RCT3

Last response: in Video Games
September 28, 2004 5:26:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
official website.

--
LittleMissMikey

More about : rct3

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 5:59:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

> For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
> official website.

Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 3:00:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

In article <4158C53B.466D05AB@dca.thc>, FasterThanGravityItself@dca.thc
says...

> > For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
> > official website.
>

> Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?

Finally finished downloading it this afternoon. It looks real good, but
it's hard to get a real feel for the game as the demo only plays for 45
minutes then just quits. There's no options to save your games or
coasters.

Maybe I'm sceptic, but I feel that the time limit maybe to stop you
building too many rides. (I've a feeling the game may get slow and jerky
when your park starts to grow), I can't think of any other reason why
there's to 45 minute time limit and no option to load/save coasters..

That said the game looks good and I'm sure to buy it. Even if I can't
build large parks it's worth it just to import my rides from rct2 and
ride them in 3D :)

--
LittleMissMikey
September 29, 2004 3:00:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

--
Wow! Those grubs at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon are a good deal!
"LittleMissMikey" <LittleMissMikey@upsd.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <4158C53B.466D05AB@dca.thc>, FasterThanGravityItself@dca.thc
> says...
>>
>> > For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from
>> > the
>> > official website.
>>

>> Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?
>>
> Finally finished downloading it this afternoon. It looks real good, but
> it's hard to get a real feel for the game as the demo only plays for 45
> minutes then just quits. There's no options to save your games or
> coasters.
>
> Maybe I'm sceptic, but I feel that the time limit maybe to stop you
> building too many rides. (I've a feeling the game may get slow and jerky
> when your park starts to grow), I can't think of any other reason why
> there's to 45 minute time limit and no option to load/save coasters..
>
> That said the game looks good and I'm sure to buy it. Even if I can't
> build large parks it's worth it just to import my rides from rct2 and
> ride them in 3D :)

There is a way to save the status of your computer and load it at a later
time. This would allow you to save your game as well. If someone can figure
out how to disable the 45 minute limit, we'll be able to load and save games
if we want.

The problem is that each file will be as big as your computers memory and
you probably won't be able to share with friends. The RAM dump would also
contain your computers drivers and other modules that are specific to your
setup.

One possible solution might be to run a macro recorder when creating a
coaster and share the macro files online.
September 29, 2004 3:50:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:59:14 GMT, in alt.games.rctycoon, Nothing
<FasterThanGravityItself@dca.thc> wrote:

>Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?

Yep. Used the bittorrent stream and got it pretty quickly at 150KB/s :-)

Interesting effect when building a suspended coaster right down to the
watter level. It looks fine untill you ride it and then you realise all
your peeps just got very, very wet as the cars go under the water :-D

I need to upgrade before I can try it properly though. A 1.7GHz Celeron
with onboard Intel 854 graphics just doesn't cut it. :-(

It looks great with all graphics enabled/ set to the max with a screen res
of 1600x1200 on a 21" monitor but the 0.5 frames per second is a bit of a
downer :-(

Dave

--
xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.
September 29, 2004 3:56:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:07:50 GMT, in alt.games.rctycoon, "Bootstrap Bill"
<wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote:

>One possible solution might be to run a macro recorder when creating a
>coaster and share the macro files online.

Another would be to wait a month and get the full game ;-)

Dave

--
xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 5:35:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

In article <Wgl6d.381777$8_6.286359@attbi_s04>, wrcousert@yahoo.com
says...

My point isn't that I can't load/save the game or track designs, that
ain't an issue, I'll wait for the full game.

My question is why have Atari put this limitation?

Demo's are meant to get people hooked on games so they go buy it. With a
complex game like RCT3 that'll take more than 45 minutes, so that make's
me figure Atari are trying to hide something. I can't see any reason for
restrictions like that. Unlimited play on one scenario would be normal
for a demo of such a game..

--
LittleMissMikey
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

> > > For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
> > > official website.
> >

> > Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?
> >
> Finally finished downloading it this afternoon. It looks real good, but
> it's hard to get a real feel for the game as the demo only plays for 45
> minutes then just quits. There's no options to save your games or
> coasters.
>
> Maybe I'm sceptic, but I feel that the time limit maybe to stop you
> building too many rides. (I've a feeling the game may get slow and jerky
> when your park starts to grow), I can't think of any other reason why
> there's to 45 minute time limit and no option to load/save coasters..

It's only demo (tease) and they want the tease to really make people
want to buy the game, once it's released. I'm sure there will be a
'time limit crack' released within the week. The demo may only be the
last beta test copy though .. so the actual game may look and run and
flow much better. But the demo was really released just as a tease ..
and to get the mass publics opinion on their 'final beta' .. is my
guess.

> That said the game looks good and I'm sure to buy it. Even if I can't
> build large parks it's worth it just to import my rides from rct2 and
> ride them in 3D :)

That sounds awesome. How do they ride? Look? How do flat rides ride?

Thanks for the reply. :)
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:25:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

> >One possible solution might be to run a macro recorder when creating a
> >coaster and share the macro files online.
>
> Another would be to wait a month and get the full game ;-)

Wait a week or two .. some fine cracker will release a 'time limit
patch' .. happens all the time, with many games. :)
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:50:53 PM

LittleMissMikey <LittleMissMikey@upsd.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bc2c002e4241163989b88@news.individual.net>...
> For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
> official website.

I downloaded this huge file and installed it and tried to play it...

Got an error message on a black screen before anything happened. It
said:

Assertion failure: C:\Coding\FGDK3\Code\Windows\GE_Surface.cpp(264):Invalid
Call

and it gave me 3 choices: Abort, Retry, Ignore. Joy! And I have no
idea what that means.

Paul
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 10:26:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

You can bypass the timelimit, the game was coded to use your computers
system clock, so you can setup a bat file that resets the time and run it in
a scheduler every 30 minutes or so as long as you keep the time you reset
your system clock to within the 45 minute paramater of when the game
started.

So for example, I could set my system clock to 12:00pm and start the game,
then at the 11 minute warning in the game, run the scheduler which will run
the bat file, and then re run it every 30 minutes which means that it never
gets older than 12:30pm and never younger than 12:00 so the game will run
indefinately as long as nothing else changes the time on ya.

Find more about this on the official atari rct3 forums.
"LittleMissMikey" <LittleMissMikey@upsd.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <4158C53B.466D05AB@dca.thc>, FasterThanGravityItself@dca.thc
> says...
>>
>> > For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from
>> > the
>> > official website.
>>

>> Anybody gotten and played the DEMO yet?
>>
> Finally finished downloading it this afternoon. It looks real good, but
> it's hard to get a real feel for the game as the demo only plays for 45
> minutes then just quits. There's no options to save your games or
> coasters.
>
> Maybe I'm sceptic, but I feel that the time limit maybe to stop you
> building too many rides. (I've a feeling the game may get slow and jerky
> when your park starts to grow), I can't think of any other reason why
> there's to 45 minute time limit and no option to load/save coasters..
>
> That said the game looks good and I'm sure to buy it. Even if I can't
> build large parks it's worth it just to import my rides from rct2 and
> ride them in 3D :)
>
> --
> LittleMissMikey
September 30, 2004 12:04:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:25:42 GMT, in alt.games.rctycoon, Nothing
<nothing@nevermind.flesh> wrote:

>Wait a week or two .. some fine cracker will release a 'time limit
>patch' .. happens all the time, with many games. :)

Yeah, but the rides/scenary is pretty damn limited :-)

I pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk but having seen how slowly the demo plays
on my system I'm not sure I want it now. Upgrade hell, here I come!

Dave

--
xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.
September 30, 2004 12:04:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

It plays ok on my computer, but so far I'm not thrilled with the game. They
made the interface harder to use.
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 9:52:30 PM

"Jeanne" <njpoellets@comcast.net> wrote in message

> It plays ok on my computer, but so far I'm not thrilled with the game.
> They made the interface harder to use.

They should offer a mode that works exactly like RCT1 and RCT2, but with the
ability to view your park at any angle.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 5:54:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Same error message here too.

"Paul R" <paul23233@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> LittleMissMikey <LittleMissMikey@upsd.co.uk> wrote in message
>> For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
>> official website.
>
> I downloaded this huge file and installed it and tried to play it...
>
> Got an error message on a black screen before anything happened. It
> said:
>
> Assertion failure:
> C:\Coding\FGDK3\Code\Windows\GE_Surface.cpp(264):Invalid
> Call
>
> and it gave me 3 choices: Abort, Retry, Ignore. Joy! And I have no
> idea what that means.
>

> Paul
October 3, 2004 6:24:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I was unable to start demo. It tells me when installing that my version of
DirectX is ok. I did D/L version9. When I try to run program I get an
error telling me DirectX could not run. Any Ideas?

Dave
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 12:47:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

"LittleMissMikey" <LittleMissMikey@upsd.co.uk> wrote in message
> For those who don't know, the demo is now available to download from the
> official website.
>

> --
> LittleMissMikey

Hi