Not another help me thread... i'm afraid so :(

FX5800

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
Don't like my first post being a help me thread, but I really am stuck.
I just got my new mobo yesterday, GA-P35-DQ6. After all the hassle getting the backplate off ect. I finally got it working and in Vista with all my old files still there, just had to reinstall drivers... Well obviously I want to fresh install at some point, escpecially since I can now for the first time use my raptor RAID which wouldn't work on my AB9.
So I set it to RAID mode in the bios and in RAID setup util I set to my raptors, ok RAID created nicely. Now into vista install... Vista could not detect system drives (or somthing along those lines). WTF?!?! OF CAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND IT I HAVN'T EVEN LOADED THE DRIVERS FOR IT YET!! I hate Vista, i'm pretty sure XP asked you for the drivers before it tries to find the drives not after, so yet again i'm stuck with no RAID and my raptors feel like a waste of money.
Then to top it all off, Vista boots (from the old install after I disabled the RAID, weird I know) and now it won't bring my storage drive online, great, so i've now lost 400gb of storage aswell :p What fun i've had... Vista is detecting the drive though just won't bring it online, I will be truely gutted if it is lost.

So yeh, two questions there really, how do I sort the vista install or am I best going back to XP and then upgrade vista over the top (so I can use the RAID)?

And secondly, my storage has to be still there (fingers crossed), but why won't vista bring the drive online?

Thanks for any help, it'll be much appreciated.

FX5800

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
I have no music/movies/media/games atm (vista still says my drive is invalid/offline)... and I've tried everythhing I can think of here. Even tried installing xp but it won't read the RAID drivers off my USB floppy drive (don't have an internal one). Please please help :(