Your question

Aero For XP

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
December 24, 2009 3:21:58 AM

I have been envying Aero on Windows 7 ever scince it came out. I am a cheepskatepenny-pincher and don't want to buy the new OS but really want the Aero look. I Googled 'Aero for XP' but came up with so many results I figured some of them have to be virused and i don't want to reformat for a 2nd time this week. Can someone point me at a good Wero inpersonation.
I run Win XP SP3
Thanks in advance.

More about : aero

a b $ Windows 7
December 24, 2009 5:29:41 AM

mii7303 said:
I have been envying Aero on Windows 7 ever scince it came out. I am a cheepskatepenny-pincher and don't want to buy the new OS but really want the Aero look. I Googled 'Aero for XP' but came up with so many results I figured some of them have to be virused and i don't want to reformat for a 2nd time this week. Can someone point me at a good Wero inpersonation.
I run Win XP SP3
Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the "Aero look" you are referring to is exactly, but integrating any OS feature uniquely designed for the Vista/Win 7 operating system into an an XP installation dating back some nine years since it's release is not possible. There are no Windows XP 'upgrades' or 'service packs' or third party software available to make XP have any of the new technology features of Vista/Windows 7 including Aero.
m
l