Busch race NO HD?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
March 6, 2005 11:21:30 PM

Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
Salem, NC.
Clay

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

More about : busch race

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:21:31 PM

Possible a limitation to the technologies currently inbedded in the Mexican
origin of this particular race. Not everyone is jumping onto the HDTV wagon
just yet.
"Badger" <cferriola@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
> Salem, NC.
> Clay
>
> --
>

> There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
> Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:21:31 PM

Not here in Harrisburg, PA either.....still a good picture tho:-)

Don

"Badger" <cferriola@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
> Salem, NC.
> Clay
>
> --
>

> There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
> Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:21:31 PM

In article <eDJWd.19100$ha.1329924@twister.southeast.rr.com>, Badger
<cferriola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
> Salem, NC.
> Clay

It wasn't wide screen, but it did look like it was some sort of HD.

--
---
Anonymous

"Badger" <cferriola@gmail.com> wrote in news:eDJWd.19100$ha.1329924
@twister.southeast.rr.com:

> Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
> Salem, NC.
> Clay

All the tech guys are sneaking across the border
March 7, 2005 5:57:29 AM

ALL HD is 16:9 widescreen.
Clay

"brh99" <brh99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <eDJWd.19100$ha.1329924@twister.southeast.rr.com>, Badger
> <cferriola@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is the Mexican Busch race on in HD anywhere? It's not here Winston
> > Salem, NC.
> > Clay
>
> It wasn't wide screen, but it did look like it was some sort of
HD.

> --
> ---
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 5:57:30 AM

Badger wrote:
> ALL HD is 16:9 widescreen.
> Clay

I just checked ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, and WBHD, and while all of them are
at 1080i, *none* of them are 16:9 at 1AM EST :-)

-Naz
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 8:53:48 AM

HD can and is being broadcast in many different aspect ratios other than
specifically 1080I. Seems that the FCC specifications do not specify that
they actually have to be 1080 but can be any one of the other formats as
long as they are digital HD.<
"Naz Reyes" <user@site.com> wrote in message
> Badger wrote:
>> ALL HD is 16:9 widescreen.
>> Clay
>
> I just checked ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, and WBHD, and while all of them are at
> 1080i, *none* of them are 16:9 at 1AM EST :-)
>
> -Naz
March 8, 2005 2:50:50 AM

I stand behind my statement. It's either not HD, or it is pillared
16:9
Clay
"Naz Reyes" <user@site.com> wrote in message
> Badger wrote:
> > ALL HD is 16:9 widescreen.
> > Clay
>
> I just checked ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, and WBHD, and while all of them
are
> at 1080i, *none* of them are 16:9 at 1AM EST :-)
>
> -Naz
March 8, 2005 2:52:07 AM

1080i is not an aspect ratio. It stands for one thousand eighty lines
interlaced.
Clay
"Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> HD can and is being broadcast in many different aspect ratios other
than
> specifically 1080I. Seems that the FCC specifications do not specify
that
> they actually have to be 1080 but can be any one of the other
formats as
> long as they are digital HD.<
> > Really confusing for the average consumer that just got that
"magic" CATV
> > HD BOX and asks the techs just why some stations come in full
screen, some
> > come in letter_box, et al fin. Really tends to totally confuse
the end
> > user, especially if they have not taken the time and effort to
educate
> > theirselves regarding the available features of their new
products.
> "Naz Reyes" <user@site.com> wrote in message
> > Badger wrote:
> >> ALL HD is 16:9 widescreen.
> >> Clay
> >
> > I just checked ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, and WBHD, and while all of
them are at
> > 1080i, *none* of them are 16:9 at 1AM EST :-)
> >
> > -Naz

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:52:08 AM

Badger wrote:
> 1080i is not an aspect ratio. It stands for one thousand eighty lines
> interlaced.
> Clay

1080i *is* HD. You said that all HD are widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio),
which is NOT always the case, as ABCHD, CBSHD, and others have proven.
This means that you are wrong! :-)

In other words, not all HD are widescreen.

-Naz

> "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>HD can and is being broadcast in many different aspect ratios other
>
> than
>
>>specifically 1080I. Seems that the FCC specifications do not specify
>
> that
>
>>they actually have to be 1080 but can be any one of the other
>
> formats as
>
>>long as they are digital HD.<
>>
>>>Really confusing for the average consumer that just got that
>
> "magic" CATV
>
>>>HD BOX and asks the techs just why some stations come in full
>
> screen, some
>
>>>come in letter_box, et al fin. Really tends to totally confuse
>
> the end
>
>>>user, especially if they have not taken the time and effort to
>
> educate
>
>>>theirselves regarding the available features of their new
>
> products.
>
>>"Naz Reyes" <user@site.com> wrote in message

>>>I just checked ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, and WBHD, and while all of
>
> them are at
>
>>>1080i, *none* of them are 16:9 at 1AM EST :-)
>>>
>>>-Naz

March 8, 2005 2:46:41 PM

> Badger wrote:
> > 1080i is not an aspect ratio. It stands for one thousand eighty
lines
> > interlaced.
> > Clay
>
> 1080i *is* HD. You said that all HD are widescreen (16:9 aspect
ratio),
> which is NOT always the case, as ABCHD, CBSHD, and others have
proven.
> This means that you are wrong! :-)
>
> In other words, not all HD are widescreen.
>
> -Naz

It proves nothing. All HD signals are "broadcast" in 16:9 format.
I have a large computer monitor that displays 1200 lines. Which is the
lines of resolution it displays. IT is not HD because it doesn't
receive TV signals. It can display it however.

If you look up an HDTV FAQ somewhere, or go to the FCC definition of
HDTV, or even go to ABC's HDTV FAQ you will see that for it to be
HDTV, it is always "broadcast" in 16:9 format.
If you see a picture that fills a 4:3 screen "naturally" then it is
NOT HDTV. It does not matter if it's on the ABC HD channel, it is not
HD.

Clay
!