A Questions about Longhorns' applications

June 26, 2005 5:48:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello,
I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn application will be .Net only, I
mean the office, the internet explorer 7 etc. is written on .NET + c#
language or still MFC ?

The office 2003 applications and internet explorer 6.0 are MFC based rather
than c#, aren't they ?

Thanks for the information,
Janiv Ratson.
June 27, 2005 3:36:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I wouldn't expect any change in code base at all.

Why do a major rewrite? What is the benefit?

"Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn application will be .Net only, I
> mean the office, the internet explorer 7 etc. is written on .NET + c#
> language or still MFC ?
>
> The office 2003 applications and internet explorer 6.0 are MFC based
> rather
> than c#, aren't they ?
>
> Thanks for the information,
> Janiv Ratson.

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:36:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

So you believe that Microsoft will keep developing most of her products
(office, IE etc) in MFC ?
I thought it will be easier and more competible to longhorn if they develop
it on C# (.NET).

Till when will Microsoft keep developing on MFC ?

Thanks,
Janiv Ratson.

"Mercury" <me@spam.com> wrote in message
news:D 9m3ev$a1d$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> I wouldn't expect any change in code base at all.
>
> Why do a major rewrite? What is the benefit?
>
> "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn application will be .Net only,
> > mean the office, the internet explorer 7 etc. is written on .NET + c#
> > language or still MFC ?
> >
> > The office 2003 applications and internet explorer 6.0 are MFC based
> > rather
> > than c#, aren't they ?
> >
> > Thanks for the information,
> > Janiv Ratson.

June 27, 2005 4:10:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Actually, I don't believe that MS develops IE or Office using MFC, and I
don't think they'll be using .NET either. My guess is that they use VC
and/or VC++ for all of it, but probably not linking with MFC routines,
nor using .NET framework. Why does it matter to you?

In article <useW0zjeFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, janiv@aoe6.net
says...
> Hello,
> I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn application will be .Net only, I
> mean the office, the internet explorer 7 etc. is written on .NET + c#
> language or still MFC ?
>
> The office 2003 applications and internet explorer 6.0 are MFC based rather
> than c#, aren't they ?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:40:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I juts wonder.
I want my product to be compatible to Microsoft.
Usually, I fit the look & feel of my products to Microsoft's.

Thanks.

!