Sign in with
Your question

The Learning Curve - 7 to 8

Last response: in Windows 8

How steep was the Windows 8 learning curve?

Total: 5 votes (1 blank vote)

• I picked it up as soon as I used it.
  • 0 %
  • It was a breeze - it took a bit of effort; not much.
  • 50 %
  • It's alright. It took me awhile to get used to it.
  • 25 %
  • Difficult. Making the transition to 8 wasn't easy.
  • 25 %
  • Impossible to use. Simply. Impossible. Still. Impossible.
  • 0 %
December 22, 2012 8:46:54 AM

How did all of you find moving from your previous OS to Windows 8? Was the learning curve steep or was it a breeze?

The first time I tried to use Windows 8 - I was like an emu with it's head buried underground. It was practically impossible - I couldn't work out how to do anything. The same feeling your parents have when they try to use a computer. After a couple of months, I finally got used to everything. Imho - the learning curve was gigantic. I almost went, "Forget it - i'm sticking with 7" halfway through.

I sometimes wonder if it's actually worth the change. The only thing that won me over was the 'ssd-like' boot times - only without the ssd.

More about : learning curve

December 22, 2012 10:08:21 AM

professorturtle said:
How did all of you find moving from your previous OS to Windows 8? Was the learning curve steep or was it a breeze?

The first time I tried to use Windows 8 - I was like an emu with it's head buried underground. It was practically impossible - I couldn't work out how to do anything. The same feeling your parents have when they try to use a computer. After a couple of months, I finally got used to everything. Imho - the learning curve was gigantic. I almost went, "Forget it - i'm sticking with 7" halfway through.

I sometimes wonder if it's actually worth the change. The only thing that won me over was the 'ssd-like' boot times - only without the ssd.

Took me about 10 minutes getting to know how Windows 8 was fully functioning. The missing "start" option is a killer at the start! But doesn't matter too much when you learn your way around.

The fast booting time is amazing, usually only takes me 3-5 sec on my HDD.

Windows 8 show some great promises. People only complain because they're having a hard time learning something new. New shouldn't equal bad and neither does. Because Windows 8 does a great job. The lowered system requirements increase the overall performance of your PC too.

And what about IE on Windows 8? IE can now compete with Google chroome and firefox. IE has been given an increase of about 90% in overall speed! Now that is amazing. I don't use firefox or Google chrome anymore. IE does a perfectly good job. Still lacking a Little behind, but the difference is minimal.
a b * Windows 8
December 22, 2012 12:54:32 PM

took me no time at all, I used the preview for 6 months. I totally agree with lost most People complaining about 8 cannot figure out how to post in THG. What really gets me is, the complainers have not even used the OS and then read a couple of articles that were from MS haters or articles from hacker,, so they think 8 cant run anything because of what they read.
!