Swapping hard drives in Scientific Atlanta's 8300HD.

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
March 6, 2005 2:05:53 PM

Can this be done? I have tried with a 60gb Maxtor drive using master, slave
and CS jumper settings but the box refuses to boot successfully.
The supplied drive is also a Maxtor (160gb) that is set to CS.
If I can get over this hurdle I would like to see if a windows formatted
drive will work in this box. If so, maybe the possibility of using the DVR's
data to burn to DVD?
Ed
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 9:03:05 PM

Ed Wrote:
> Can this be done? I have tried with a 60gb Maxtor drive using master,
> slave
> and CS jumper settings but the box refuses to boot successfully.
> The supplied drive is also a Maxtor (160gb) that is set to CS.
> If I can get over this hurdle I would like to see if a windows
> formatted
> drive will work in this box. If so, maybe the possibility of using the
> DVR's
> data to burn to DVD?
> Ed

check the back of the box and with your cable company there is supposed
to be a sata connection on the back of the box that you can use an
extral sata drive on, you can find out more about this at the
scientific atlanta website. www.sciatl.com

--
hbk409, Posted this message at http://www.SatelliteGuys.US
December 13, 2010 5:19:24 AM

I saw website, but now it is part of cisco means all Networking aspects are available. I need more info about how our PC become faster?

Thank you

Atlanta Luxury Homes
!