Wondering what the problem could be... Hmmn...

goudwijzevis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Just built yet another PC and I've never had this problem before.

When I switch the machine on, the PC tries to power up but fails after a tenth of a second or so. The PSU is from a previous PC (380w Tagan) and was working.

The CPU fan is connected correctly, and I'm 99.9% sure everything else is connected properly too.

Specs:
Mobo: Abit AN-M2
CPU: Amd 5600+
RAM: 2x512 corsair
Sata hard drive and a dvd drive.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong. Anyone ever had this problem?

Just built yet another PC and I've never had this problem before.

When I switch the machine on, the PC tries to power up but fails after a tenth of a second or so. The PSU is from a previous PC (380w Tagan) and was working.

The CPU fan is connected correctly, and I'm 99.9% sure everything else is connected properly too.

Specs:
Mobo: Abit AN-M2
CPU: Amd 5600+
RAM: 2x512 corsair
Sata hard drive and a dvd drive.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong. Anyone ever had this problem?

Because you mention a tenth of second, I would be speculating but I would say a short is causing the problem.

A short where and how? The only thing plugged in right now is the hard drive and the motherboard.

Most likely the MB is shorting to the case if it is a short causing it. I've had front panel controllers short out and cause the same problem you are describing.