xp says it cant find my hdd

foss

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2005

I am trying to intall a new hard drive and load my xp os on. my cd is
launching ok and it is going into set up mode but will not go any further cos
windows is not detecting my new hdd although this is showing in dos and in
the bios - please help very frustrating
--
captain thank you

is the hard drive jumpers set correctly? if you are simply replacing one old
drive with another the jumpers need to be set at Master or cable select.
If you are keeping two drives in your pc you may have your new one set as
slave instead of master.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

John Barnett MVP wrote:
> is the hard drive jumpers set correctly? if you are simply replacing
> one old drive with another the jumpers need to be set at Master or
> cable select. If you are keeping two drives in your pc you may have your
> new one
> set as slave instead of master.

Does it require any special drivers for Windows - ie: Press F6 to install
drivers at the begining of the Windows XP setup and install controller
drivers..?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

dl

And does your new hd require third party drivers, loaded from floppy during
the setup process? eg a sata drive