Internal DVD writer problem

buddycat

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Greetings:

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this. At first, I thought my problem was a hardware issue. Now, I'm not so sure. So I'm posting here.

A few months ago, I thought my reliable internal DVD writer was finally on its last legs. When I would play it, it would stutter, play a DVD disk slightly at less than normal speed, and the audio had a slight echo to it. So I bought a new one (an LG). After 4 months, it had the same problem. I replaced it. The new one has the same problem. My external DVD writer seems to work fine. So, rather than the writer, I think it might be a driver issue? But I'm not sure what I need to look for. It's all plug and play, so there's no driver disk, that I know of. Any ideas?

Probably not a driver-related issue, or they wouldn't have worked. Check your power and data cable connections to the drive and to the board - to make sure they are firmly and properly attached. Vibrations from the drive could have caused them to become loose.

buddycat

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Hmmm. Sees odd that this would happen twice, but I guess it's worth a shot so I don'thave to take it somewhere to be looked at. Wonder if it might be on the end that connects to the motherboard, rather than the drive itself. Might explain why it didnt' happen right awy on the 2nd drive I bought....