Hp device manager network adapter says 1394, running xp?

niteskyye

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
had vista got new hard drive 1.5 tb. put xp on it now cant connect to the internet. device manager has an x and the number 1394 on the network adapter. do I need a driver or is something in the bios need to be changed. hp doesnt have drivers for xp.

niteskyye

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
If I download a driver from a free downloading site such as cnet download.com there are so many to choose from should I get the same one I have on my puter? and Thank You so much for your help. do you know what the 1394 number is on the network driver in the device manager. Thanks again.

List your computer's specfications. List the motherbaord, CPU, Video card, PSU etc. Or. Please give us the Computers model number if it is a factory built machine.

A motherboard or prebuilt system will have an online product page decicated specifically for the user of the product. The system drivers like ethernet, etc will be listed there for download. It's an online user support page for people like you who own the product. And what product is that?

This statement says, "I have a computer with Vista installed. I installed XP. Some of the hardware doesn't work."

My question is what computer are you referring to? If I knew the Model or the MB in question, perhaps I could direct you the online product page driver download page.