Sign in with
Your question

Hp device manager network adapter says 1394, running xp?

Last response: in Windows XP
December 28, 2009 2:37:40 AM

had vista got new hard drive 1.5 tb. put xp on it now cant connect to the internet. device manager has an x and the number 1394 on the network adapter. do I need a driver or is something in the bios need to be changed. hp doesnt have drivers for xp.
December 28, 2009 3:29:00 AM

XP driver will be needed for the network adapter.
m
l
December 28, 2009 4:28:36 AM

If I download a driver from a free downloading site such as cnet download.com there are so many to choose from should I get the same one I have on my puter? and Thank You so much for your help. do you know what the 1394 number is on the network driver in the device manager. Thanks again.
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2009 4:39:43 AM

Go to the computer or MB online product page and download the XP system drivers and install them. List the system specs.
m
l
December 28, 2009 5:13:17 AM

I dont mean to sound like a complete illiterate but what is an MB online product page. I went to the hp website but they dont have drivers for an xp os.
m
l
December 28, 2009 5:18:02 AM

List your computer's specfications. List the motherbaord, CPU, Video card, PSU etc. Or. Please give us the Computers model number if it is a factory built machine.

A motherboard or prebuilt system will have an online product page decicated specifically for the user of the product. The system drivers like ethernet, etc will be listed there for download. It's an online user support page for people like you who own the product. And what product is that?
m
l
December 28, 2009 5:23:18 AM

niteskyye said:
had vista got new hard drive 1.5 tb. put xp on it now cant connect to the internet. device manager has an x and the number 1394 on the network adapter. do I need a driver or is something in the bios need to be changed. hp doesnt have drivers for xp.

This statement says, "I have a computer with Vista installed. I installed XP. Some of the hardware doesn't work."

My question is what computer are you referring to? If I knew the Model or the MB in question, perhaps I could direct you the online product page driver download page.
m
l
December 28, 2009 5:27:21 AM

hp pavillion slimline s3700y. Im sorry I thought I siad that in my first post.
m
l
December 28, 2009 5:31:01 AM

The HP online product page does not provide Windows XP drivers for your system. You should have check that before uninstalling Vista and installing XP on a system
with no XP driver support.

Quote:

If your operating system is not listed above, HP does not have software or driver downloads available for this product in that operating system

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?pro...ยป
m
l
!