Rollercoaster Tycoon 3-Demo does not work on Win98 ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

I installed the Rct3-Demo, and
during installation I got the error-message

"the windows media format 9 service sdk
can only be installed on win98 se, win xp...."

and I think the media-sdk is only used for videos in the game (which are not
important for me)

When I start the demo, there appears an error-message
"the application stopped, because of an invalid action ..."

The readme says, that rct3 runs on all win98-versions.

Did anyone succeed to start the demo on win98 first edition?

My system:
Win98 First Edition
Geforce 2
Directx 9.c
Celeron 800
256 mb ram

thanks for hints!

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

hey man --

i *believe* it's only able to run on 98SE (i think i saw that in the readme...)

...on another note, the game is dynamite, but a pretty serious resource hog...

banks

"mike" <schlappy1@aol.come.2gethr> wrote in message
> hey man --
>
> i *believe* it's only able to run on 98SE (i think i saw that in the
> readme...)
>
> ..on another note, the game is dynamite, but a pretty serious resource
> hog...
>

> banks

I suggest that this person buy a copy of 98SE. He should be able to find one
for $10 or maybe less. I'd give him mine if I didn't already give mine away.