Any information would be helpful please

Dirty_Barry

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
A quick question while I search for components:

I'm building a PC for a friend (They want a package system - but hey, they won't get that) And I'm looking for a mobo that has built in GPU (this is from their spec) and was wondering what decent mobo came with an integrated GPU.
This is their spec:

512MB or better RAM (prefer 1 GB)
I want at least an onboard graphics card
100GB or more hard drive space
At least 6 USB ports
Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.8 - 3.4 GHz (single or duo core)
DVD burner
dual layer
Speakers external or built into monitor
Windows XP And at
least a 17in TFT monitor

It won't be an amazing system, but I'm thinking I'll get them something better built than a 'Dell'

So any options would be really apreciated...

Ps - money is no object but they don't want it for gaming or anything..

Edit - I was thinking of the following system:

Mobo - P35,
CPU - Q6600,
HDD - WD Raptor Xtreme and WD Cavier HDD,
Ram - Corsair Dominator 800,
Case - Enermax Infinity,
VPU - GeForce 8800gts
Sound card -
PSU -
Thanks for any help!

immagikman

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
NEVER build a system for people who make such silly demands as "Integrated Graphics ONLY, No plug in GPU". If they know so much about systems let them build it themselves, otherwise set the budget and let someone who knows what they are doing select the hardware. :p

You did say, that any information would be helpful. Even if they were just going to use the thing for websurfing I don't think I would elect to use an integrated graphics solution just on gp.

Yes this is just a personal thing. Im sure integrated graphics solutions work for some people.

Dirty_Barry

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
That was from the email I got. I recommended a seperate VPU (they want it to play games from asking them) so suggested that a seperate VPU would be better (they would work and aren't sh!t) this is why I chose the 8800gts. I can see that there's not much difference between Q6600 and D6600 so for longevity I thought quad!