Sign in with
Your question

How To Spot A Fake XP Pro ISO?

Last response: in Windows XP
December 28, 2009 7:09:49 PM

Hi,

I purchased a PC from eBay, it came with XP Pro SP3 Product Key on the side of the machine, but no disc with it. I looked around for a XP Pro CD, but no one seems to sell it seperate, they all seem to come with a Product Key.

I was browing for the ISO of XP Pro to download, but so many different types/sizes are coming up. How do I know which one is a real version? Does anyone here have XP Pro to verify the real size of the disc?

Thanks.

More about : spot fake pro iso

December 28, 2009 10:54:46 PM

Contact the person who sold you the machine. They may have forgotten to package the disc with the machine.

Otherwise, I think you'd be crazy to rely on Microsoft software that hasn't come from Microsoft. That's just making it easy for hackers. And even if you get a valid MD5 or SHA1 hash (never rely just on the size of a file to determine whether it's the real deal), you could still install the thing and then find out that your licence key is for a different type of Windows release. (Microsoft do seem to enjoy making their software licensing confusing.)
May 16, 2010 9:02:57 PM

TegGhola said:
Contact the person who sold you the machine. They may have forgotten to package the disc with the machine.

Otherwise, I think you'd be crazy to rely on Microsoft software that hasn't come from Microsoft. That's just making it easy for hackers. And even if you get a valid MD5 or SHA1 hash (never rely just on the size of a file to determine whether it's the real deal), you could still install the thing and then find out that your licence key is for a different type of Windows release. (Microsoft do seem to enjoy making their software licensing confusing.)

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late response. It's all been sorted now, I got a copy of a friend and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!
!