Sign in with
Your question

Forced System Restore

Last response: in Windows Vista
August 10, 2010 12:25:24 PM

Hello,
A lot of things recently went wrong with my computer, honestly not sure what. My anti-virus isn't working, I can't install new programs, nor can I shut down a program using task manager.

I was hoping to perform a system restore only to find out that my computer never kept track of what was going on and made restore points on its own. Is there any possible way I can force a system restore without restore points?

More about : forced system restore

August 11, 2010 8:00:27 AM

Do this, use the F8 key at startup to get the option to boot to safe mode with networking. Also run Malware Bytes Anti Malware, if I really want my system clean, I also scan with spybot search and destroy, and super anti spyware. I can't speak for Security Essentials, I find myself becoming a fan of Avast Antivirus, also free for personal use. Also, if malware is your issue, might be a good idea to run a program like ccleaner after it's removed to tidy things up a bit.

If it still gives you issues, definitely let us know. Sometimes when I have a system crashing like that, I find that running a disk check seems to help(go into computer, right click C:, go to tools and use the error checking tool.
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 17, 2013 6:54:21 PM

It doesnt work on my computer F8 windows vista,and the probelm is i cant uninstall or install skype 6.1 that is in my computer and it tells me ''the installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file : C:\Program Files (x86)\skype\desktop.ini ''
m
l
!