Hp pavillion dv9000 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandotdan

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011

I have a similar problem. For me, it does the initial hardware thing, fans going, etc, but every light on the board is on, the monitor is not, and no access to bios. When I plug in a monitor to the auxiliary port, no signal. endless loop of intial boot noises. I'm guessing problems with the graphics, the processor or the board. I hope I'm wrong. it's a hell of a paperweight.

bboyterrell

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

I thought that this was well known, but the underfill that NVidia chose to use on their GPUs was not ideal, and eventually cause the black screen of "death". I was able to remedy the problem by "reflowing" the solder, by taking laptop apart and heating up GPU; but, since the problem is the manufacturing of the GPU, the thermal expansion wihch is supposed to be held in check by the underfill, causes the issue to come back-sometimes after a one heat cycle, sometimes quicker. Therefore, you can stil use your computer if you have an external monitor, but otherwise, we now own a very expensive paper weight... I believe there is a class action lawsuit, but who knows if we will ever get justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS