Sign in with
Your question

What are advantages of Windows 7 over Windows Vista?

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 5, 2009 3:23:11 PM

What experiences have people had using the Dell DVD's to uprade Vista to Windows 7?
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2009 12:39:14 AM

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "Dell DVDs"? Is this the software that came with your laptop? Does it contain an upgrade installer of Windows 7?
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2009 4:25:10 AM

The Dell restore DVDs are essentially Windows DVDs... they don't have any extras on them at all.
March 11, 2010 8:06:02 PM

I found the Dell DVDs to upgrade to Windows 7 a nightmare. I'm not exactly a cyber-dunce, but I finlly had to get a tech through On Force to help me. He might not have been the most experienced or fastest tech in the world. But that is, after all, how he makes his living, and he has high ratings at On Force. Yet it took him fully two hours to install the second disk (I had finally been able to install the first.)

In addition, while installing the first disk, I got a pop-up from a vendor named Blip-something or other, selling a drivers protection plan through CliksBank. I had experienced so much trouble with that first disk, and I thought that taking the deal for $29.95 (upped to $39.95 when they were finished, conveniently ignoring the proimised discount) was essential to getting Windows 7 installed. Naturally, I'll dispute the charge through Master CArd, particularly since Blip-something or other has failed to return my e-mail asking for a promised call. But why should a Dell customer be vulnerable to such a predator?

Good luck!

Ron N.
rnewman9@hotmail.com
!