Unable to install drivers

Trying to install Linksys ethernet adapter and router. After searching for
the drive, I get an error message, "Can't find software." Trying to install
HP scanner, I get an error message, "Can't find <some> dll.", even though the
install CD is opened. HELP! Thanks.
--
Lorenzo

you need to point windows to the cd. What I mean is when it asks look in
specific location you click that box and then point it to your cd drive. You
just need to tell it to look in right place is all. If you have or need
assistance email me back
mstout2001

"lorenzo" wrote:

> Trying to install Linksys ethernet adapter and router. After searching for
> the drive, I get an error message, "Can't find software." Trying to install
> HP scanner, I get an error message, "Can't find <some> dll.", even though the
> install CD is opened. HELP! Thanks.
> --
> Lorenzo

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that is not the solution. I'm
afraid I was not as specific in my query as I should have been. I DO point to
the drive, folder, or whatever, and I still get the same error message. I
suspect that WinXP is damaged or that I have installed something that is
blocking my installing new drivers. But I don't know how to unravel the
mystery. I originally bought a cheapo ethernet adapter and got the same
result, then got a Linksys thinking that the fly-by-night job was at fault: I
don't think it is. Any more advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--
Lorenzo

"mstout2001" wrote:

> you need to point windows to the cd. What I mean is when it asks look in
> specific location you click that box and then point it to your cd drive. You
> just need to tell it to look in right place is all. If you have or need
> assistance email me back
> mstout2001
>
> "lorenzo" wrote:
>
> > Trying to install Linksys ethernet adapter and router. After searching for
> > the drive, I get an error message, "Can't find software." Trying to install
> > HP scanner, I get an error message, "Can't find <some> dll.", even though the
> > install CD is opened. HELP! Thanks.
> > --
> > Lorenzo

TRENDING THREADS