All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI-E and Vista seeing the TV tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaPCtech

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2007
I have a Vista Home Premium system and I am trying to get it to see
the TV tuner portion of the card. (All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI-E)
All the drivers install an everything looks to be working BUT.
Media center and the ATI TV software say there is NO TV tuner
or the TV tuner failed to initiate.

Anyone have a work around or solution?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Direct quote from AMD/ATI's Driver Download page:

Note: All-in-Wonder™ boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for All-in-Wonder™ boards under Windows Vista.

-Wolf sends

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
ATI says that they" All-in-Wonder™ boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for All-in-Wonder™ boards under Windows Vista."

They also say that "ATI All-in-Wonder™ boards operate with AMD's Windows Vista ready display and capture drivers under the Windows Vista operating system. However, the windows Vista Media Center application does not support TV/Capture functionality provided by the ATI All-in-Wonder™ TV/Capture functionality is qualified to function with Snaptream's BeyondTV 4.6 for Windows Vista. Other third party solutions (such as Arcsoft's Total Media 3) may support TV/Capture with the ATI All-in-Wonder™, but these applications have not been fully tested by AMD."

I had the X1900AIW and I downloaded the Beta Drivers and it had the AVStream Drivers and used AMCap for viewing. Then I keep Bugging AMD/ATI untill they exchanged my X1900 All-In-Wonder for a X1900GT and a TV Wonder 550 (They sent me a 650 :D )

I dont know if what Video card Chip the All-In-Wonder 2006 is(to lazy to look it up) but if you just hound them and hound them you may get as lucky as me.

All the AIW boards WILL NEVER WORK with Vista Media Center! you will have to use a 3rd party software. But I said "I spent alot of money on the X1900 AIW and I should NOT have to spend any more money to use that in Vista!"

Give them hell and Good Luck.

1Haplo

News4Me2

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
Here we are, 6 months since Vista was released and ATI still has not provided any clear intentions of providing a working solution to Vista users who paid a hefty premium to purchase these AIW boards with TV Tuner functionality.

1Haplo, I am glad that you were able to force ATI to provide you with a new board. I suppose the rest of use will have to keep hounding them as well.

I would imagine there are atleast a million people suffering from this ATI TV Tuner debacle, so perhaps its time for a new Class Action Lawsuit to force them to deal with this. ATI is already being sued regarding false HDCP claims: (http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/ATI_HDCPcase.pdf)

Status
Not open for further replies.