Spuninst files by the hundreds

alroth

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I found hundreds of folders on pc and when I put curser on them they indicated spuninst. I do not know what they are or if it is safe to get rid of them. If it is safe to get rid of them, do you have to do each one individually?

It may have to do with something called creativeprojects which keeps trying to install on my pc

Solution
the $NtUninstallKB..... files are the windows update uninstall folders. They are only needed if you uninstall a windows update. I delete them after a month or so when I feel the update has not caused any problems. Been doing this for several years with no problems.
Once you delete these folders, which you can select them all at once to delete, the update will still show in Add remove programs. To remove it either run a registry cleaner or click on "remove" which will error out and ask if you want to remove the listing, which you select yes.

Depending on how old your install is you could easily free up several gigs worth of space. I would then do a defrag on the drive.

sturm

Splendid
the $NtUninstallKB..... files are the windows update uninstall folders. They are only needed if you uninstall a windows update. I delete them after a month or so when I feel the update has not caused any problems. Been doing this for several years with no problems.
Once you delete these folders, which you can select them all at once to delete, the update will still show in Add remove programs. To remove it either run a registry cleaner or click on "remove" which will error out and ask if you want to remove the listing, which you select yes.

Depending on how old your install is you could easily free up several gigs worth of space. I would then do a defrag on the drive.

Solution

alroth

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Thanks for help. Where do you go to remove them all at once. Once I have them on my screen I can do one at a time but that would take quite awhile. To get them up, I went to run, and then systemmisconfig, and when that came up I clicked on the up folder at top.

sturm

Splendid

the file names will probably be blue as those are normally hidden/system files. Those are ok to delete.