Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Avi to vob without quality loss

Last response: in Applications
Share
November 2, 2011 9:03:59 AM

Hi everybody.
Could you please advise me for the following: I have been trying to convert an avi video file to vob (to burn it on a DVD an watch it on my home DVD player). I tried 2 or three converters (already used in the past, notably FoxTab). The result is beyond anything: an image composed of small squares... Can this be improved by a better converter or is this linked to the original avi file (which looks really good, played on my PC using VLC)?
Thanks a lot for your advice.
France.

More about : avi vob quality loss

Best solution

November 2, 2011 10:24:30 AM

France42 said:
Hi everybody.
Could you please advise me for the following: I have been trying to convert an avi video file to vob (to burn it on a DVD an watch it on my home DVD player). I tried 2 or three converters (already used in the past, notably FoxTab). The result is beyond anything: an image composed of small squares... Can this be improved by a better converter or is this linked to the original avi file (which looks really good, played on my PC using VLC)?
Thanks a lot for your advice.
France.

Use this free one and make sure that u use 2pass convert. AVI source sucks @90%.

Why do u need VOB anyway?

http://www.dvdflick.net/ - great results, better than most paid that I have tried.
Share
November 2, 2011 12:18:39 PM

Thanks a lot, Nikorr, for your answer. I try your link immediately. Why do I need vob? Well, my DVD player supports S-VCD, VCD, dts, Dolby digital and some other audio or picture stuff. I understood that S-VCD or VCD are in fact vob, ifo or bup files... If another format can do it, fine with me. I'm affraid I know nothing in that field... :-(
Grateful for your help.
Have a nice day (euuuh, it's 14:17 over here...).
France.
Score
0
Related resources
November 2, 2011 3:15:50 PM

nikorr said:
Use this free one and make sure that u use 2pass convert. AVI source sucks @90%.

Why do u need VOB anyway?

http://www.dvdflick.net/ - great results, better than most paid that I have tried.



Thanks again Nikorr. I tried DVD Flick. The conversion lasted about 3 hours but the result (containing indeed the sais VOB files) is impeccable. So it varies indeed with the chosen converter.

Thank you for your precious help !!!

France.
Score
0
November 2, 2011 5:51:03 PM

Your welcome. There is a lots of programs, but only some are good. No two apples are the same.

Open source rules!
Score
0
November 14, 2011 5:48:33 AM

Thank you, Janet55, for your answer. That's good info. At the moment, I have already a DVD creator and the solution proposed by Nikorr works fine and it is free. So I think I'll go on with that one. The only drawback is the time for convertion: about 3 hours.
However, I did not know there were DVD creators basically modifying the format input-output and I'll for sure take that into account when renewing some softwares.
Have a nice day.
France
Score
0
November 14, 2011 5:54:23 AM

France42 said:
Thank you, Janet55, for your answer. That's good info. At the moment, I have already a DVD creator and the solution proposed by Nikorr works fine and it is free. So I think I'll go on with that one. The only drawback is the time for convertion: about 3 hours.
However, I did not know there were DVD creators basically modifying the format input-output and I'll for sure take that into account when renewing some softwares.
Have a nice day.
France

Hi again,


U can set it to encode when u are going to sleep :) 

Takes less than hour on fast PC for 110 min movie.
Score
0
November 14, 2011 6:15:10 AM

France42 said:
Thank you, Janet55, for your answer. That's good info. At the moment, I have already a DVD creator and the solution proposed by Nikorr works fine and it is free. So I think I'll go on with that one. The only drawback is the time for convertion: about 3 hours.
However, I did not know there were DVD creators basically modifying the format input-output and I'll for sure take that into account when renewing some softwares.
Have a nice day.
France

Ya, converting video takes time, there is no way around it except to have a mess of ram, and a good cpu. 3 hours is perfectly normal for good quality conversion on most systems
Score
0
November 14, 2011 6:34:57 AM

Best answer selected by France42.
Score
0
November 14, 2011 6:36:11 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
0
!