Sign in with
Your question

Cant install window

Last response: in Windows XP
December 31, 2009 5:03:26 AM

Cant install window on a8n-sli deluxe. After copying setup files it restarts and when winxp is being installed i get the error code 0x800703e7 , Faild to load the library , c:\windows\system 32\comuid.dll.

More about : install window

December 31, 2009 12:47:30 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you try with another installation CD?
m
l
January 2, 2010 4:25:25 AM

I have tried 2 different discs of windows XP but Cant install windows on a8n-sli deluxe. After copying setup files, it restarts and when winXP is being installed I get the following error

{ Sub-Component COM+raised an exception while processing the d:\nt\com1x\src\complussetup\comsetup\csetuptil.
cpp (line 3406)
Error code = 0x800703e7
Failed to load the library , c:\windows\system 32\comuid.dll.
c:\Windows\system32\comuid.dll }

I click "ok" when this error shows. The windows continues to install and after it finishes it restarts and then i get the following error before the welcome screen

{ Setup is being restarted ...............................
Warning : Configuration of the system for restarting setup failed setup may not restart or may operate erratically. }

and then the PC hangs.
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2010 10:44:29 AM

Hello, I need some help.

I'm trying to install windows XP on my old PC (Pentium IV), but while formatting first partition to NTFS, installation hangs. For a partition of 8 GB hangs on 38%, for 7 GB hangs on 43%, so I guess it's a hard disk failure on that sector. Installation program just hangs, doesn't report anything. I have to force system reboot.
However, I can install Ubuntu and it works perfectly on first partition.
I ran memory tests, S.M.A.R.T tests, and disk integrity checks, but non reported errors. I tried with others XP installation CDs (i386): SP, SP2 and SP3 with same results.
My PC has one hard disk (150GB) and I installed windows XP many times with the same CD, hardware and BIOS configuration, but now I can't!

Thanks
m
l
January 12, 2010 11:25:14 AM

Hi again, download an use Hiren's boot. Is an utility CD, format your HDD with this CD and try again, remember that Linux use ext3 partitions and not NTFS.
m
l
January 12, 2010 11:27:58 AM

Thank you for the tip, but I've already used Gparted and it doesn't work...
m
l
!