Sign in with
Your question

Cache problem

Last response: in Windows XP
December 31, 2009 9:24:46 AM

In an attempt to remove a virus from my computer I delected "cache 2" from my registry (I had cache & cache 2). Now I find that I can't access certain drivers and my computer has practically come to a halt.

I think I probably have brought this on myself by acting stupidly (ie. no idea what I was doing but following something I saw on a website to get rid of the virus). My system restore doesn't work (tried that), is there anything else I can do to restore my computer to its former self.

I'm assuming that this has come about when I deleted the cache?

Many thanks for any help.

More about : cache problem

December 31, 2009 12:57:06 PM

I am assuming you didn't make a backup of the registry before making the changes. Live and learn.
I don't have any "cache 2" entries in my registry that would affect anything. Were they actual files or just an entry?

January 1, 2010 9:47:59 AM

I don't know the answer to that but since deleting it my computer doesn't now recognise my camera (even though I get the pinging noise when I connect it). I've tried to restore to a former point but for some reason it won't let me.

I wondered if its worth trying to do a windows recovery? I haven't got the full CD (only recovery disks) as my computer came with windows already installed.

It's driving me nuts!!!!
!