Help with resizing screen resolution on Virtualbox

I'm running windows 7 within Oracle VM Virtualbox on a Mac book pro with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050. The only graphic crad available is within the Windows 7 software with no upgrade possible. There is an option for 1600 x 1200, but its 1680 x 1050 thats needed. Do you know how to alter it?
7 answers Last reply
More about help resizing screen resolution virtualbox
  1. The title of this topic has been edited by Pyree
  2. This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Applications by Pyree
  3. Have you installed Guest Additions? This should allow any resolution and dynamically adjusts as you resize the window.
  4. Yes I have now, however Virtualbox isn't the problem though, its windows 7's resolution I need to change.. anymore thoughts?
  5. I haven't actually tried Windows 7 in VirtualBox, but every other OS I have tried automatically changes it's resolution as you resize the Window.
  6. Thanks for your help with this.. I don't see a way of resizing the virtual box to a specific size, only by dragging the box the size required.. windows 7 running within however doesn't alter. Do you know if Mac's version called Parallels would do it? I suspect however they are the same thing!?
  7. Parallels is a different product. I must admit that I've only used VirtualBox on a PC, but there it works just fine with automatic resolution change. Perhaps things are different on the Mac.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Screen Resolution Virtualbox Apps