Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7

Last response: in Applications
November 4, 2011 8:03:10 PM

After system restore in Windows 7 I cannot open the application that I accidentally uninstalled. Open office.org is the application. The icon appears, but when I click on it, it does not open. Why?

More about : windows

a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2011 8:18:36 PM

Just re-install the app. that don't work. Maybe that app. was installed after the restore point was made.
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2011 12:30:47 AM

Nope, not installed after the restore point. I don't want to re-install the app because I am afraid that the information that I had in there will be gone. It will be like starting a new application. I want to access all the files that I had built up in the app already.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 5, 2011 12:44:26 AM

Whats the app?
m
l
November 5, 2011 1:17:07 AM

OpenOffice.org3.2

m
l
November 5, 2011 1:20:38 AM

I noticed my files are in my" documents" section and I cannot open them. If I download the application again will I then be able to open these files? I am thinking "yes"....what do u think?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 5, 2011 1:24:16 AM

Back up your docs, as u should do it on regular basis.

But re-install the office will not lose any of the files.

If that would be my PC, I would uninstall and re-install the ofice again with the newest version and never looked back.

And if u would take this to a repair shop, they would ask u for back up or install the again.

http://download.openoffice.org/
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 5, 2011 1:26:09 AM

midge222 said:
I noticed my files are in my" documents" section and I cannot open them. If I download the application again will I then be able to open these files? I am thinking "yes"....what do u think?

Yes, it will be just like u remembered : )

The files are separated from the program, so u don't loose them in case of emergency re-install.
m
l
!