Windows 7

After system restore in Windows 7 I cannot open the application that I accidentally uninstalled. Open office.org is the application. The icon appears, but when I click on it, it does not open. Why?
8 answers Last reply
More about windows
  1. Just re-install the app. that don't work. Maybe that app. was installed after the restore point was made.
  2. Plus 1 ^
  3. Nope, not installed after the restore point. I don't want to re-install the app because I am afraid that the information that I had in there will be gone. It will be like starting a new application. I want to access all the files that I had built up in the app already.
  4. Whats the app?
  5. OpenOffice.org3.2
  6. I noticed my files are in my" documents" section and I cannot open them. If I download the application again will I then be able to open these files? I am thinking "yes"....what do u think?
  7. Back up your docs, as u should do it on regular basis.

But re-install the office will not lose any of the files.

If that would be my PC, I would uninstall and re-install the ofice again with the newest version and never looked back.

And if u would take this to a repair shop, they would ask u for back up or install the again.

http://download.openoffice.org/
  8. midge222 said:
    I noticed my files are in my" documents" section and I cannot open them. If I download the application again will I then be able to open these files? I am thinking "yes"....what do u think?

Yes, it will be just like u remembered : )

The files are separated from the program, so u don't loose them in case of emergency re-install.
Ask a new question

Read More

Office Windows 7 System Restore Apps