Cool test feature in RCT3

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I just discovered that you can test an incomplete coaster in *pause* mode.
The coaster trains are rendered as "ghosts". When they get to the end of
the track, they simply disappear without crashing.

This makes it easy to test a coaster while you're building it.

sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!
^ my email |
2 answers Last reply
More about cool test feature rct3
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    > I just discovered that you can test an incomplete coaster in *pause* mode.
    > The coaster trains are rendered as "ghosts". When they get to the end of
    > the track, they simply disappear without crashing.
    >
    > This makes it easy to test a coaster while you're building it.

    Cool. That was always missed in RCT 1 and 2.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

    Yup, definately a time saver, I can't tell you how many times I've gone to
    create a coaster to find out it didnt make it around the track and had to
    try to fix it. With the ghose trains I can set them to test and just watch
    the train as I progress building the coaster to make sure it completes the
    circuit.

    Definately a good thing.

    "Scott Amspoker" <see_sig@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I just discovered that you can test an incomplete coaster in *pause* mode.
    > The coaster trains are rendered as "ghosts". When they get to the end of
    > the track, they simply disappear without crashing.
    >
    > This makes it easy to test a coaster while you're building it.
    >
    > sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
    > @comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!
    > ^ my email |

Games Video Games