[RCT3] How do you place rides/stalls, etc on elevated paths?

Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2004 6:02:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I have been through all the tutorials, RTFM, and I cannot see how this is
possible (it was in the previous two games).

The manual states that you hold shift to raise or lower the elevation of an
object whilst moving the mouse - well I can't get that to work - I've moved
the mouse in all directions with the shift key down and it just moves it
along the ground it doesn't raise it. If I hold the mouse button down and
then try to drag it just places the object in situ immediately.

What am I missing? Or is this no longer possible? Has it gone the same way
as the ability to build tunnels?

Thanks
--
My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose
his marbles?

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celtic.net> wrote:

>I have been through all the tutorials, RTFM, and I cannot see how this is
>possible (it was in the previous two games).
>
>The manual states that you hold shift to raise or lower the elevation of an
>object whilst moving the mouse - well I can't get that to work - I've moved
>the mouse in all directions with the shift key down and it just moves it
>along the ground it doesn't raise it. If I hold the mouse button down and
>then try to drag it just places the object in situ immediately.
>
>What am I missing? Or is this no longer possible?

Works for me.

For example, select a tree or something from a scenery list. Move it over
an open spot of land (do not click any mouse buttons yet). Press and hold
the shift key. At this point, only up and down movement should be
possible. You should not be able to drag it along the ground. While
still holding the shift key, click the left mouse button to place the
object.

sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!
^ my email |
!