reUpgrading my CPU-Motherboard-ram

0ver1ord

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
k i just upgraded my comp and am having game lagging issues on stalker and other games cause my cpu is bottle necking everything im upgrading my cpu mother board and ram. i currently have a AMD 4600 dualcore.

i am planing on upgrading to:

ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231114

motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128048&Tp...A-P35C-

and the CPUi dont know yet im waiting till the proce drop but what CPU would be best i want a quadcore but am wondering what one and i want to make sure i dont have the problem i am having with my current one with it only using one core and that core sucking and bottle necking my system. Also what would be a good aftermarket cpu cooler for the CPU?

any other comments on the motherboard choice and ram is good to thanks.

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
Memory and mobo look good for the future. As for CPU, wait for July 22nd and get q6600 and a decent cooler and OC a bit. The lagging in stalker wont necesarily go away as that game is not the greatest piece of wellwritten software out there, but what videocard do you have as that is of great influence to games like these.
Also, just because you have 2 or more cores does not mean software will make use of it. Only when specifically written for it will you see great performance jumps, so don't put the blame squarely on your current CPU. It could very well be other parts holding you back. Post the rest of your specs/parts you're planning to take to your next build aswell as the res you'll be working with.

0ver1ord

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
yea i know its the cpu i did research and my cpu usage is 100% on the core when i get the lag my gpu is a 8800 gtx oc 648 mb version so its not that so if i wait for the price drop which i plan on waiting for what quad core will be the most im willing to spend max 400 on it so what one will handle stuff for as long as possible and thank u for saying that games isnt coded very well lol cause i get so pissed at it for using my cpu so much when it should use my gpu lol