tuanng

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I am having some problems with my computer and cant really pinpoint the problem.

the computer is a Q6600 - but when opening a program, opening a file from a program, there is always a lag, it would freeze for 5 to 10 seconds before anything happens. I suspected adware/virus, but it's not. I tried installing a fresh copy of windows XP onto a new hard drive, but the lag/slow problem is still there, usually it takes no more than 30 minutes to install windows, but it took over 1hr 30 mins to install...

I am thinking hard ware issue, I've tried replacing the RAMs, but still the same, now im thinking maybe the powersupply, but I dont want to go spending $200 on a good and better power supply and end up not fixing the problem.

anyone else have any other ideas?

TIA

G

I am not a tech but an avid user and have excellent knowledge. My theory sounds like its a hardware issue. With a fresh copy of Xp on it its hardware. Unless u fixed the problem already. Take it in get it diagnosed and let a tech go over it and then see what u do from there. :eek:

hents1230

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
PSU could be a bottle neck and cause why it's lagging.How much RAM do you have installed?What kind of files are you opening?Programs such as photoshop?Moreover,what harddrive do you have?